Address: 103 King St. East
Built in 1917 as Loew's Theatre, the building offered 2,259 seats and was the largest venue in Hamilton in its day. Originally a vaudeville house, it transitioned to a movie palace and was owned by the Famous Players chain between 1930 and 1946 when it was taken over by the Odeon company, renovated and renamed the Capitol.
The original auditorium was demolished after the cinema closed in 1971. What remains, the part Hartley and company are reviving, is the entrance lobby that stretched over an alley that runs parallel to King and King William streets"
Arnold, Steve. "Capitol revitalization capitalizes on Hamilton condos." Hamilton Spectator. 4 Jan 2016. Accessed 26 Jun 2017