Trafalgar

McCurdy’s Chapel

McCurdy's Chapel.jpg

Overview: 

Address: Concession IX, Lot 10 - 9th Line and Derry Road,

"McCurdy's Methodist Church" Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections. Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton. images.ourontario.ca/TrafalgarTownship/31715/data?n=1

Type: 

Church

Location: 

McCurdy's Chapel, Trafalgar, Halton (halttraf00_001)

Venue Views: 

McCurdy's Methodist Church

"McCurdy's Methodist Church" Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections. Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton. images.ourontario.ca/TrafalgarTownship/31715/data?n=1


Parsonage Church Trafalgar

Munn's Church.jpg

Overview: 

Address: Concession 1, Lot 15

The church was also called "Parsonage Church" from about 1845 to 1885 when the Munn's name was again used. The Methodist congregation joined with the United Church banner in the 1920s.

The house visible to the east along Dundas is likely 41 Dundas Street East. The patent for Lot 15 Concession 1 NDS was granted to John Robinson in 1804. He sold off several parcels over the next years but Daniel Munn acquired the entire Lot by 1820, In 1841, Daniel's estate sold the south half to Jordan Munn. John Hastings bought a parcel from Jordan in 1862, William Perkins was the next owner.

"Munn's Church." Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections. Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton. images.ourontario.ca/TrafalgarTownship/3208064/data?n=3

Type: 

Church

Location: 

Parsonage Church, Trafalgar, Halton (halttraf00_002)

Venue Views: 

Munn's Church aka Parsonage Church

Textual Description

"Munn's Church." Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections. Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton. images.ourontario.ca/TrafalgarTownship/3208064/data?n=3


Providence Chapel Trafalgar

Providence Church - cemetary

Providence Church - cemetary

Overview: 

Location: 9598 Wellington Road #42

Town of Erin, ON

Historical Township: Concession 9, Lot 1

Erin Township, Wellington County

Providence Chapel Cemetery

History:

There was a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on the east corner surrounded by the burial ground. The land for the burying ground was donated by Patrick McEnery. Based on tombstone inscriptions, the earliest burial was 1813. It is a well-maintained cemetery with some of the stones gathered into a cairn. There is a free- standing gate, but no fence. The gate was hand-made by blacksmith Dan Reid. The last burial, that of Catherine McKay, was in 1962. The plaque mounted on the gate was donated by Ballinafad Women’s Institute as part of their centennial project to level and restore the cemetery grounds. The cairn was erected and unveiled in 1970. A map detailing the plot owners in Providence Cemetery is in the Wellington County Museum & Archives’ collection. 

"Providence Chapel Cemetery" Wellington County Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society. 2014. www.ogs.on.ca/wellington/2014-cemetery-info/4314.pdf


Type: 

Church

Location: 

Unlocated site, Trafalgar, Halton (halttraf00_000)


Venue Views: 

Providence Chapel Cemetery, Erin Township

Textual Description

"Providence Chapel Cemetery" Wellington County Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society. 2014. www.ogs.on.ca/wellington/2014-cemetery-info/4314.pdf


Residence of Mr. Francis Reid

Overview: 

Address: Concession IV, Lot 15

"Full record for Reid, F." The Canadian County Digital Atlas Project. McGill University, 2001. digital.library.mcgill.ca/countyatlas/showrecord.php?PersonID=61067

Type: 

Private Residence

Location: 

Residence of Mr. Francis Reid (1868), Trafalgar, Halton (halttraf00_003)